PMMA Sheet (Polymethyl Methacrylate) GUJPOL-S
GUJPOL-S is the trade name of Acrylic sheets manufactured by GSFC. GUJPOL-S sheets are manufactured from virgin MMA by cell casting process the best optical properties among all transparent plastics. GUJPOL-S has an excellent resistance to the effect of long exposure to sunlight, heat and weather
|Light Transmittance total||D-1003-61||92%|
|Refractive index nD||D-542||1.49|
|Tensile strength at rupture||D-638-64T||570-760 kg/cm2|
|Elongation at rupture||D-638-64T||2-7 %
|Compressive strength at yield||D-695-63T||1260 kg/cm2|
|Impact strength (charpy unnotched)||D-256-56||16 - 20 kg/cm2|
|Izod milled notched||D-256-56||1.6-2.2kg-cm/cm|
|Rockwell hardness||D-785-62||M 100|
|Heat forming temperature||140-180°C|
|Heat distortion temp 2°C/min. at 264 p.s.i.||D-648-56||100°C|
|Maximum recommended continuous service temperature||85°C|
|Volume resistivity||D-257-61||>1015 ohm-cm|
|Burning rate (flammability)||D-635-63||30 mm/min|
|Residual monomer (Wt %)||2.0 max.|
- Light fitting and fixtures
- Street light covers
- Sanitary articles
- Sign-boards and novelties
- Helicopter canopies and other defence items
The outstanding features of Gujpol-S sheets are
- Light in weight; It has only half the weight of glass.
- Weather resistance; Longer period of resistance to sunlight and other weather conditions.
- Light absorption; Minimum in clear transparent sheets.
- Wide range; Transparent, translucent and opaque colours.
- High surface gloss.
- Easy formability and machinability.
- Low thermal conductivity; Almost equivalent to phenolics and only one sixth that of glass.
- Resistance to a wide range of chemicals insoluble in most inorganic chemicals but dissolves in ketones, esters, aromatic hydro carbons,chlorinated solvent etc.
- GUJPOL-S well masked with craft paper on both side and packed in standard packing in thick corrugated paper and bundled with straps